I have been active in national and international applied linguistics projects for some time. I currently focus on the interface between language and internationalisation, English-medium of instruction in higher education, curriculum development and teacher training.
My projects have been funded by various organizations, including national funding bodies, university departments, inter-university agencies. I have collaborated on EU projects as well as projects funded by the Swiss National Sciences Foundation.
The following is a selective list of some of the recent applied linguistics projects I have been involved with.
- LINEE - Languages in a Network of European Excellence (2007-2010) (EU, Framework Programme 6)
As project leader:
- Developing Quality Management Parameters for International Profiles in Universities of Applied Sciences (2015-2017) (swissuniversities)
- High-impact measures for the comprehensive internationalization of curricula (2019-2022) (Movetia and Consortium Seed Funding)
- Swiss Global Competence Lab (2020-2022) (Movetia and Consortium Seed Funding)
- Measures for improving the quality of professional leaving certificate examinations in German (2018-2020, project description in German) (Department of Education, Canton of Bern)
- Blended Learning Curriculum in MSc Engineering (2018-2019, project description in German) (Swiss MSE Commission)
- German Immersion in French-Speaking Primary Schools PRIMA (2016-2018) (Department of Education, Canton of Neuchâtel)